Perils Thai Fish Cakes with Dipping Sauce Recipe Edit
(Tod Man Pla)
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Total cooking time: 15 minutes
Dipping Sauce Edit
1/2 cup (125g) sugar 1/4 cup (60ml) white vinegar 1 tablespoon fish sauce 1 small fresh red chilli, chopped 1/4 small carrot, finely chopped 1/4 cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts, chopped
- To make the Dipping sauce, put the sugar, vinegar, fish sauce, chilli and 1/2 cup (125ml) water in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, or until thickened slightly.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Set aside until needed.
Fish Cakes Edit
500g fish fillets, skin removed 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste 1/4 cup sugar 1/4 cup fish sauce 1 egg 200g snake beans, sliced. 10 fresh kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped oil for deep-frying
- Put the fish in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the curry paste, sugar, fish sauce and egg.
- Process for another 10 seconds, or until combined.
- Stir in the beans and lime leaves.
- Shape into golf-ball size balls, then flatten into patties.
- Fill a wok 1/3 full of oil, and heat to 180 degrees celcius, or until a cube of bread browns in 15 seconds.
- Cook in batches for 3-5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Drain on crumpled paper towels.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.